It is ESSENTIAL that you also purchase the correct GPX harness for your bike to connect the GIpro X-Type display - the display CANNOT be used without a harness.
The GIpro X-Type G1 is currently being phased-out and replaced by the G2 version which has the same functions but uses a touch-sensor to access the menu options.
The GIpro X-Type together with the correct GPX harness can be installed in any vehicle with an electronic speedometer (for bikes with a mechanical speedo there is a special harnesss with an adapter:GPX WSS)
The GIpro X-Type is designed for those bikes that cannot use a GIpro w/ATRE or a GIpro DS.
- The gear in use is determined by the X-Type by comparing the road speed and the engine speed. This is the standard method used by all "universal" gear indicators. However, the X-Type, launched in 2009, features adapting microprocessor circuitry that can change its method of analysing the signals to cope with almost all bikes. This enables it to work when other gear indicators would fail.
- The X-Type must be installed using a GPX harness suitable for your bike which plugs directly into the speed sensor conectors. A connection to an rpm-related signal is also required ("pickup" crankshaft sensor/tacometer/an ignition coil). Depending on the bike model, an additional connection to 12v may be necessary. No cutting or soldering of wires is necessary: the kit includes quick-connectors.
- There is a universal harness (U01, U02) available for bikes with uncommon wiring/connectors
- There is a special harness (WSS) with a wheel speed sensor included for bikes with no electronic speed sensor (mechanical/cable speedometer)
- In addition to the gear indicator, the X-Type also has a programmable shift/speed warning light, unique in the market!
- The reaction time of the X-Type is very fast without the usual delay typical in other brands of universal gear indicators
- The display is the smallest on the market (the same as the GIpro DS)
- 100% water-resistent
- 2 year warranty
- The display colours available include red, blue, yellow, green, and white. Green and Yellow colour are best suited to shaded locations.
There are housings available to mount the GIpro X-Type.
It is also possible to buy a GIpro X-Type custom-made.
Possible options are: with the display separate from the electronics for mounting in the dash, with a flat or round interconnecting cable, with a 3m cable or with a large display like the GIpro w/ATRE.
For more information, please visit this product's website.
Date Added: 31/10/2016 by Eduard
Functioning and visability of the red digits are perfect and I was happy with the fast delivery to Portugal.
Date Added: 25/04/2016 by John
G Pro X type delivered on time from Motorvista, it was found to be fairly easy to fit. Once fitted i am pleased with the result.
Date Added: 23/03/2015 by Adam
In response to your email regarding the GIPRO X-TYPE gear indicator I purchased, I am very happy with it.
It works flawlessly compared to the others I have tried previously.
Also, the price was cheaper than ANYWHERE else, as I had been looking around for some time!
Date Added: 30/03/2014 by Marcos
Acho que o produto deve ser muito bom teve vários comentários positivos
Date Added: 26/01/2014 by Paulo
boas relativamente ao serviço de compra recomendo vivamente tudo muito rapido e correcto so que ainda não montei porque os detalhes de ajuda não motra o passo a passo de uma xj mas sim de uma fz por isso tenho algum receio na montagem, obrigado