The Motorscan OBD Bluetooth interface allows you to use your smartphone as a diagnostic tool for compatible Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Available for both 4-pin and 6-pin diagnostic connectors, see the range here.
Note: Not all systems are installed on all motorcycles. May not be compatible with aftermarket injection mapping.
If you are not sure which adapter is compatible with your bike, you can Search for your bike (at the bottom of the page) in the Diagnostica website or download a pdf list of compatible Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
How does it work?
The Bluetooth adapter communicates with the app to show the data from the bike's ECUs.
Download and try out the free app to see the current funcionality:
- View fault codes globally or in each separate ECU.
- See exactly the same information as a professional workshop diagnostic tool.
- Clear (delete) fault codes/engine light.
- Create, save and email reports of the fault codes.
- Record the fault history, compare and share it with other users to get a better understanding of your vehicle.
- View sensor values in real-time – Live Engine data.
- View a virtual dashboard.
- View the ECU specifications and VIN number.
- No limitations on the number of bikes that can be viewed.
- Free apps available for Apple (iOS7 and above) and Android (4.3 and above).
- Free software and firmware updates.
- The Apps include English, French, German, Italian and Spanish languages.
- Measurement units of the app are selectable between US and metric.
Future development will include modification of ECU parameters for service functions.
The main benefit of the diagnostic tool is to give the user information, the power of choice and so save time and money.
When that engine light comes on, instead of immediately going to the Harley-Davidson dealer and accepting everything you are told, you can choose a solution that suits you.
- You can decide if the fault is urgent or not, and so if it can wait until you are ready to get it fixed.
- You can choose to repair it yourself.
With the knowledge of the code and the fault description you can research online and be informed before you go to the workshop.
- You can choose to use your trusted local workshop, that does not have a Harley-Davidson specialist diagnostic tool.
You are not obliged to use the Harley-Davidson specialist anymore!
- You can choose to use the Harley-Davidson dealer/specialist, but now armed/forewarned with the full knowledge of the problem, how it should be repaired and what it should cost!
- Bluetooth adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Support
- Two year warranty
- Free updates
1 - Turn off the ignition.
This is usually located under the seat or at the side.
Make sure the DLC contacts are clean.
Plug the interface into the diagnostic connector and ensure the interface is fully plugged into the DLC socket.
2 - Ensure the bike's steering is not locked.
3 - Switch on the ignition.
Ensure the RUN switch is in the “RUN” position.
4 - Connect to the App.
In the app, select Settings->Adapters->Select the adapter and choose Connect.
If it will not connect, start the engine.
Register the device before using the diagnostic functions.
- Do I need an internet connection to use the interface and app?
An internet connection is required only for the registration process, the first time the app connects to a new interface Subsequently the app does not need an internet connection to work with the interface.
- Can more than one phone use the interface?
Yes, but not at the same time.
- Can I use the app when riding?
Using a phone or any other device that distracts attention from the road is dangerous and not recommended.
- Will the interface drain my battery if I leave it plugged in?
No. The diagnostic connection is not powered when the ignition is off.
- What is the difference between the 4-pin and 6-pin interface?
Each interface is compatible with different bikes.
- Can the app use a 4-pin adapter and 6-pin adapter on the same account?
- How do I update the app?
App updates are notified as per the usual procedure for your smartphone operating system.
- Can I use the app to modify/”flash” ECU parameters?
- Can I use the app to modify the odometer?
- Can I use the app to modify the VIN number?
- What is the wireless range of the interface?
The interface uses a Bluetooth LE (Low Energy module) with a range of up to 3m.
- The interface is flashing. What does that mean?
The interface is not linked to the app/smartphone.
For more information, please visit this product's website.
There are currently no product reviews.